Professor of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases
University of Colorado School of Medicine
Director, University of Colorado HIV/AIDS Clinical Program
Anschutz Medical Campus
- Clinical outcomes in HIV care
- Antiretroviral therapy
- Clinical research updates
- Indications and limitations of antiretroviral therapy
- Opportunistic infection management
Dr Johnson is Director of the Infectious Disease Group Practice and HIV/AIDS Clinical Program at the University of Colorado Hospital in Aurora, Colorado. He is a Professor of Medicine in the Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine at the University of Colorado School of Medicine.
- Director, Infectious Disease Group Practice, University Hospital
- Member, Denver Ryan White Planning Council Priorities Committee
- Medical Director, Mountain-Plains AIDS Education and Training Center
- Member, HIVQUAL Advisory Committee
- Fellow, American College of Physicians
- Fellow, Infectious Diseases Society of America
- Denver's Top Doctors (Multiple years, 2001-2010)
- Outstanding Physician of the Year, University of Colorado Hospital (2006)
- Infectious Disease Fellowship Teaching Award (2000)
- President's Award for Outstanding Clinical Service, University of Colorado Hospital (1998)
- Elected to Fellowship, American College of Physicians (1994)
- Bethany College, BA (1980)
- Northwestern University, MD (1984)
- Fitzsimons Army Medical Center, Residency, Internal Medicine (1984-1987)
- Walter Reed Army Medical Center, Fellowship, Infectious Diseases (1987-1990)
- Johnson SC. Syphilis. In: Rakel RE, Bope ET, eds. Conn's Current Therapy. 53rd ed. Philadelphia, PA: W.B. Saunders; 2001:770-772.
- Johnson SC, Benson CA, Johnson DW, Weinberg A. Recurrences of cytomegalovirus retinitis in a human immunodeficiency virus-infected patient, despite potent antiretroviral therapy and apparent immune reconstitution. Clin Infect Dis. 2001;32:815-819.
- Johnson SC, Gerber JG. Advances in HIV/AIDS therapy. Adv Intern Med. 2000;45:1-40.
- Williams WJ, Johnson SC. Syphilis. In: Edlich RF, ed. Advances in Medicine. Arlington, VA: ABI Professional Publications; 2000:168-172.
- Young B, Johnson S, Bahktiari M, et al. Resistance mutations in protease and reverse transcriptase genes of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 isolates from patients with combination antiretroviral therapy failure. J Infect Dis. 1998;178:1497-1501.
- Akler ME, Johnson DW, Burman WJ, Johnson SC. Anterior uveitis and hypotony after intravenous cidofovir for the treatment of cytomegalovirus retinitis. Ophthalmology. 1998;105:651-657.
- Aronson NE, Wortmann GW, Johnson SC, et al. Safety and efficacy of intravenous sodium stibogluconate in the treatment of leishmaniasis: recent U.S. military experience. Clin Infect Dis. 1998;27:1457-1464.
- Rolfs RT, Joesoef MR, Hendershot EF, et al. A randomized trial of enhanced therapy for early syphilis in patients with and without human immunodeficiency virus infection. The Syphilis and HIV Study Group. N Engl J Med. 1997;337:307-314.
- Magill AJ, Grogl M, Johnson SC, Gasser RA Jr. Visceral infection due to Leishmania tropica in a veteran of Operation Desert Storm who presented 2 years after leaving Saudi Arabia. Clin Infect Dis. 1994;19:805-806.
- Teel LD, Finelli MR, Johnson SC.Isolation of Mycoplasma species from bronchoalveolar lavages of patients positive and negative for human immunodeficiency virus. J Clin Microbiol. 1994;32:1387-1389.