Under the general supervision of the Executive Director, this position will work on an annual medical and scientific hybrid conference in North America for approximately 4000 attendees scheduled for February 2022. The successful candidate will perform back-end logistics functions related to coordinating and executing a large conference, including venue liaison, room sets, audiovisual, vendor communication, and catering. This may be a remote-based independent contractor or full-time staff position.
Essential Job Function
- Serves as a point of communication with contractors and staff associated with scientific conference logistics
- Logistic support including venue and hotel room layouts, rigging, signage, decorating, banquet, and AV needs and coordinating local transportation, planning special events, on-site management
- Ensure on-time completion and delivery of tasks and materials; responsible for instruction to contractor
- Self-starter with excellent organizational skills and thorough knowledge of complex conference planning
- Availability to work with a team based in the Pacific Time zone
- Must have at least 5 years of significant experience in planning, negotiating, and executing large medical conferences or meetings for 4000+ attendees, be well-versed in contract negotiations, venue set-up and breakdown, audiovisual, catering, and other logistics.
- Superb relationship skills are a must with the ability to project a positive organizational image to a diverse group of attendees, faculty, organization members, and hospitality industry contacts
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Sharepoint, and PowerPoint. Comfortable with a variety of virtual meeting platforms, including Zoom and Microsoft Teams.
- Generous vacation, holiday, and sick leave policy that increases progressively based on your tenure with the IAS-USA
- Health plan, dental, vision insurance
- 403(b) retirement plan
Salary and Location
- Compensation is commensurate with experience and consistent with standard nonprofit salaries
- This may be a remote position, with the ability to work on-site at the IAS-USA San Francisco office, a plus
- Relocation reimbursement is not available for this position
Attn: Jay Batley, Director of Operations