December 4, 2019 - 4:00 PM
December 7, 2019 - 12:05 PM
Who Should Attend
Attendance is limited to HIV physicians, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants in Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program (RWHAP)-funded clinics and programs. A limited number of spots are reserved for RNs and PharmDs who are the primary clinical decision makers in their RWHAP-funded clinics or programs.
2019 CLINICAL CONFERENCE Description
The 2019 CLINICAL CONFERENCE provides state-of-the-art updates on research, care, and treatment issues in the medical management of HIV infection for experienced HIV clinical decision makers in RWHAP-funded clinics and programs.
The 2019 CLINICAL CONFERENCE is planned with and supported by the HIV/AIDS Bureau, Health Resources and Services Administration of the US Department of Health and Human Services (HRSA) and is sponsored and organized by the International Antiviral Society–USA (IAS–USA). This conference is coordinated through the RWHAP AIDS Education and Training Centers (AETC) clinician training network. A mix of lectures, case-based interactive presentations, and small-group breakout sessions will be held during the 3 days of the 2019 CLINICAL CONFERENCE.
The educational objectives for the 2019 CLINICAL CONFERENCE are designed and developed based on the identified needs and knowledge gaps of the attendees.
On completion of the 2019 CLINICAL CONFERENCE, participants will be able to:
- Describe the new aspects to the Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program
- Apply current data on HIV management that includes antiretroviral treatment strategies for medical care of people with established HIV infection and the consideration of special clinical circumstances, such as pregnancy
- Describe current data on investigational new drugs and approaches
- Determine which patients might benefit from prevention intervention strategies, including the use of preexposure prophylaxis (PrEP), and initiate and monitor uninfected patients at risk for HIV infection
- Describe the current epidemiology, clinical presentations, and management of the most common sexually transmitted infections (STIs) in patients with HIV infection
- Detect and manage common comorbidities occurring in the aging population of persons with HIV infection, including renal disease and those in need of transplant, cardiovascular disease, and neurocognitive disorders
- Identify individuals with chronic opioid dependency and develop treatment strategies for the management of these patients with opioid substitution therapy
- Identify best practices for ending the HIV epidemic
Continuing Education Credits
The International Antiviral Society–USA (IAS–USA) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The IAS–USA designates this live activity for a maximum of 17.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
ABIM MOC Points
Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 17.75 MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine’s (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is the CME activity provider’s responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.
American Academy of Family Physicians Credits
This Live activity, 2019 Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program (RWHAP) CLINICAL CONFERENCE, with a beginning date of 12/04/2019, has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 17.00 Prescribed credit(s) by the American Academy of Family Physicians. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Educational Review Systems is an approved approver of continuing nursing education by the Alabama State Nursing Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. Provider # 5-115. This program is approved for up to 17.75 hours of continuing nursing education.
Educational Review Systems is also approved for nursing continuing education by the state of California, the state of Florida and the District of Columbia.
Educational Review Systems is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. Participants of the session who complete the evaluation and provide accurate NABP e-Profile information will have their credit for up to 17.75 contact hours (1.775 CEU) submitted to CPE Monitor as early as 14 days after the event and no later than 60 days after the event. Please know that if accurate e-Profile information is not provided within 60 days of the event, credit cannot be claimed after that time. The participant is accountable for verifying the accurate posting of CE credit to their CPE Monitor account within 60 days. UAN #s 0761-9999-19-310-L02-P; 0761-9999-19-311-L02-P; 0761-9999-19-312-L02-P; 0761-9999-19-313-L02-P
This conference is funded by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the US Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) under grant number U1OHA28686.
Selected aspects of the conference are supported in kind by the IAS-USA.
The networking reception is supported in kind by the Hyatt Regency New Orleans.