Professor of Medicine and Biokinesiology
University of Southern California School of Medicine
Division of Infectious Diseases
Department of Medicine
Rand Shrader Clinic
Los Angeles County-University of Southern California Medical Center
Los Angeles, CA 90033
- Anabolic interventions for muscle wasting
- Aerobic and resistance exercise in health and disease
- Lipid and adipose tissue dysregulation
Dr Sattler is Chief of Infectious Diseases in the Department of Medicine at Keck School of Medicine of USC.
- Ad hoc reviewer NIH AARR-6 Study Section and other NIH study sections
- Phi Beta Kappa, UCLA Cum Laude
- University of California Los Angeles, BS Chemistry (1969)
- University of Southern California, MD (1973)
- Stanford University, Post-Doctoral Fellowship in Infectious Diseases (1979)
- Sattler FR, Briggs W, Antonipillai I, Allen J, Horton R. Low dihydrotestosterone and weight loss in the AIDS wasting syndrome. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr Hum Retrovirol. 1998;18:246-251.
- Sinha-Hikim I, Arver S, Beall G, Ruoqing S, Guerrero M, Sattler FR, Shikuma C, Nelson JC, Landgren BM, Mazer NA, Bhasin S. The use of a sensitive equilibrium dialysis method for the the measurement of free testosterone levels in healthy, cycling women and in human immunodeficiency virus infected women. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1998;83:1312-1318.
- Rivera S, Briggs W, Qian D, Sattler FR. Levels of RNA are quantitatively related to prior weight loss in HIV associated wasting. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr Hum Retrovirol. 1998;17:411-418.
- Moldawer LL, Sattler FR. Human immunodeficiency virus-associated wasting and mechanisms of cachexia associated with inflammation. Sem in Oncol. 1998;25(suppl 1):73-81.
- Afghani A, Jaque SV, Shroeder ET, Olson C, Dube M, Sattler FR. Resistance training alters kinetics of body composition adaptations to anabolic agents in HIV positive men. In: Proceedings of Southwest American College of Sports Medicine Conference. Abstract 4, Las Vegas, Nev; November 13-14, 1998.
- Dube MP, Sattler FR. Metabolic complications of antiretroviral therapy. AIDS Clin Care. 1998;10:41-44.
- Sattler FR, Jaque SV, Schroeder ET, Olson C, Dube MP, Martinez C, Briggs W, Horton R, Azen SP. Effects of pharmacologic doses of nandrolone decanoate and progressive resistance training in immunodeficient patients infected with HIV. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1999;84:1268-1272.
- Rivera S, Sattler FR, Olson C, Qian D, Briggs W, Bhasin S, Horton R. Block in the generation of dihydrotestosterone from testosterone in patients with weight loss. In: Program and Abstracts of the 6th Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections. Abstract 701. Chicago, Ill; January 31-February 4, 1999.
- Schroeder ET, Jaque SV, Afghani A, Hawkins SA, Olson C, Wiswell RA, Sattler FR. Comparison of regional DEXA and MRI assessment of mass and strength gains. Med Sci Exercise. 1999;31(suppl):5.
- Johnson DL, Sattler FR, Qian D, Briggs W, Louie S, Dube MP. Hypertension in patients with metabolic dysregulation. In: Program and Abstracts of the 7th Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections. Abstract 23. San Francisco, Calif; January 31-February 4, 2000.