Stanford University School of Medicine
Stanford Positive Care Program
Palo Alto, CA
- HIV resistance
- Resistance testing in clinical practice
- Epidemiology of HIV resistance
- HIV-1 treatment
In 1994 Dr Zolopa founded Stanford's Positive Care Program, which includes the Positive Care Clinic at Stanford and the Positive PACE Clinic at Santa Clara University Medical Center in San Jose. The two clinics serve the primary care needs of HIV-infected patients.
- Committee on HIV Prevention strategies, Institute of Medicine
- Co–Principal Investigator, Clinic-Based Investigators Group
- Member, Committee for Advanced Science Training (1975)
- Fellowship, American Heart Association (1978)
- Phi Beta Kappa (1980)
- Special Achievement Award, Division of Infectious Diseases, Stanford University School of Medicine (1995)
- University of California Riverside, BS, Biology (1980)
- University of California Los Angeles, MD (1984)
- Santa Clara Valley Medical Center, San Jose, Intern/Resident (1984–1987)
- Santa Clara Valley Medical Center, San Jose, Chief Resident (1987–1988)
- Stanford University School of Medicine, Fellow, Infectious Diseases (1989–1992)
- Midland MM, Zolopa AR, Halterman RL. Stereochemistry at the migration terminus in the based-induced rearrangement of alpha-halo-organoboranes.
J Am Chem Soc.1979;101:248-250.
- Zolopa AR. Lymphadenopathy: differential diagnosis and diagnostic approach. In: Handbook of Difficult Diagnosis(A. Louis, Ed.) Churchill Livingstone, New York. 1980;760-770.
- Kemper CA, Zolopa AR, Hamilton JR, Fenstersheib M, Bhatie G, Deresinski SC. Prevalence of measles susceptibility in patients with HIV infection: analysis of possible risk factors for non-immunity. AIDS.1992;6:1321-1325.
- Zolopa AR, Kemper CA, Shiboski S, Hamilton JR, Moss AR, Deresinski SC. Progressive HIV-related immunodeficiency does not lead to waning measles immunity in adults: a retrospective cohort analysis. Clin Infect Dis.1994;18:630-638.
- Zolopa AR, Hahn JA, Gorter R, Miranda J, Wiodarczyk D, Moss AR. HIV infection and tuberculosis in homeless adults: prevalence and risk factors in a San Francisco population-based sample. JAMA.1994;272:455-461.
- Pilote L, Tulsky JP, Zolopa AR, Hahn JA, Moss AR. Tuberculosis prophylaxis in the homeless: a trial to improve adherence to referral. Arch Intern Med.1996;156:161-165.
- Suzuki Y, Song SY, Grumet FC, Fessei J, Montoya JG, Zolopa AR, Portmore A, Remington JS. Evidence for genetic regulation of susceptibility to toxoplasmic encaphalitis in AIDS patients. J Inf Dis. 1996;173:265-268.
- White MC, Tulsky JP, Danson C, Zolopa AR, Moss AR. Association between time homeless and perceived health status among the homeless in San Francisco. J Community Health. 1997;22:271-282.