Director, Special Projects of National Significance
Health Resources and Services Administration
- Rural models of HIV care
Dr Eldred is Branch Director of the Special Projects of National Significance, HIV/AIDS Bureau, Health Resources and Services Administration. She is Adjunct Faculty at the Department of Health Policy and Management and a Guest Lecturer in "Introduction to Health Services Research and Evaluation" at The Johns Hopkins University Bloomberg School of Public Health.
- Member, Prevention Committee, Mayor's AIDS Coordinating Council, Baltimore (1988–1992)
- Member, Board of Trustees, Baltimore Medical Systems, Inc. (1991–1994)
- Member, International Compliance Task Force (1997–1999)
- Member, Delta Omega Public Health Honor Society (1998)
- The Johns Hopkins University, BS (1978)
- The Johns Hopkins School of Hygiene and Public Health, MPH (1987)
- The Johns Hopkins School of Hygiene and Public Health, DrPH (1997)
- Gallant JE, Eldred LJ, Leslie JM. Impact of the 1993 revision of the CDC case definition on the performance of the WHO and PAHO clinical case definitions for AIDS. AIDS. 1993;7:1396-1397.
- Eldred LJ. Management of tuberculosis in the era of HIV and multidrug resistance. Monograph for Homedco, Inc. 1994.
- Eldred LJ, Chaisson RE. The clinical course of HIV infection in women. In: Faden R, Kass N, eds. HIV, AIDS and Childbearing: Public Policy, Private Lives. Oxford University Press; 1995.
- Dropulic LK, Leslie JM, Eldred LJ, Zenilman J, Sears CL. Pseudomonas aeruginosa: an important bacterial pathogen in patients with the acquired immunodeficiency syndrome. J Infect Dis. 1995;171:930-937.
- Eldred LJ, Wu AW, Chaisson RE, Moore RD. Adherence to antiretroviral therapy and Pneumocystis prophylaxis in HIV disease. J Acquir Immun Defic Syndr Hum Retrovirol. 1998;18:117-125.
- Solomon L, Eldred LJ, Markowitz J, et al. Evaluation of HIV case surveillance through use of non-name unique identifiers—Maryland and Texas, 1994–1996. Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 1998;46:1254-1258.
- Solomon L, Flynn C, Eldred LJ, Caldeira E, Wasserman M, Benjamin G. Evaluation of a state-wide non-name based HIV surveillance system. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 1999;22:272-279.
- Allison-Ottey S, Weston C, Hennawi G, Nichols M, Eldred LJ, Ferguson RP. Sexual practices of older adults in a high HIV prevalence environment. Md Med J. 1999;48:287-291.
- Lee L, Wortley P, Fleming P, Eldred L, Gray R. Duration of human immunodeficiency virus infection and likelihood of giving birth in a Medicaid population in Maryland. Am J Epidemiol. 2000;151:1020-1028.
- Bauserman RL, Ward MA, Eldred LJ, Swetz A. Increasing voluntary HIV testing by offering oral tests in incarcerated populations. Am J Public Health. 2001;91:1226-1229.