Professor of Medicine and Epidemiology
Johns Hopkins University
- HIV costs of care
- Quality of HIV care delivery and disparities in access to care
- Clinical outcomes in HIV-infected children and adolescents
- HIV in the middle aged and older population
Dr Gebo is the co–principal investigator for the HIV Research Network, a consortium of 18 HIV care sites across the United States that collect comprehensive data on more than 20,000 HIV-infected children, adolescents, and adults. The HIV Research Network performs research on clinical outcomes, quality of care, and health services utilization with the data collected. Dr Gebo also attends on inpatient infectious diseases service and has a weekly HIV continuity clinic. She is director of the Johns Hopkins University Public Health Studies major at the undergraduate campus, which is the largest undergraduate major at Johns Hopkins, with over 150 graduates per year.
- American Academy of HIV Medicine (AAHIVM) - American Geriatrics Society Guidelines Committee for Older HIV Infected Adults
- Infectious Diseases Society of America (IDSA) Standards and Practice Guidelines Committee
- IDSA National Post-Doctoral Fellowship Directors Committee
- White House Panel on HIV and Aging (October 2010)
- Fellow, Infectious Diseases Society of America
- The Johns Hopkins University, BA, Biology (1991)
- The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, MD, Medicine (1995)
- The Johns Hopkins University, Osler Medical Service, Department of Medicine, Residency, Internal Medicine (1995-1998)
- The Johns Hopkins University, Robert Wood Johnson Clinical Scholars Program, Department of Medicine, Fellowship (1998-2000)
- The Johns Hopkins University School of Continuing Studies, Graduate Certificate, Business of Medicine (1999)
- The Johns Hopkins University School of Hygiene and Public Health, MPH, Epidemiology (2000)
- The Johns Hopkins University, Department of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, Fellowship (2000-2001)
- Agwu AL, Jang SS, Korthuis PT, Araneta MR, Gebo KA. Pregnancy incidence and outcomes in vertically and behaviorally HIV-infected youth. JAMA. 2011;305:468-470.
- Gebo KA, Fleishman JA, Conviser R, et al. Contemporary costs of HIV healthcare in the HAART era. AIDS. 2010;24:2705-2715.
- Fleishman JA, Yehia BR, Moore RD, Gebo KA. The economic burden of late entry into medical care for patients with HIV infection. Med Care. 2010;48:1071-1079.
- Althoff KN, Justice AC, Gange SJ, Deeks SG, Saag MS, Silverberg MJ, Gill MJ, Lau B, Napravnik S, Tedaldi E, Klein MB, Gebo KA. Virologic and immunologic response to HAART, by age and regimen class. AIDS. 2010;24:2469-2479.
- Kitahata MM, Gange SJ, Abraham AG, Merriman B, Saag MS, Justice AC, Hogg RS, Deeks SG, Eron JJ, Brooks JT, Rourke SB, Gill MJ, Bosch RJ, Martin JN, Klein MB, Jacobson LP, Rodriguez B, Sterling TR, Kirk GD, Napravnik S, Rachlis AR, Calzavara LM, Horberg MA, Silverberg MJ, Gebo KA, Goedert JJ, Benson CA, Collier AC, Van Rompaey SE, Crane HM, McKaig RG, Lau B, Freeman AM, Moore RD. Effect of early versus deferred antiretroviral therapy for HIV on survival. N Engl J Med. 2009;360:1815-1826.
- Effros RB, Fletcher CV, Gebo K, et al. Aging and infectious diseases: workshop on HIV infection and aging: what is known and future research directions. Clin Infect Dis. 2008;47:542-553.
- Schackman BR, Gebo KA, Walensky RP, et al. The lifetime cost of current human immunodeficiency virus care in the United States. Med Care. 2006;44:990-997.
- Gebo KA, Chaisson RE, Folkemer JG, et al. Costs of HIV medical care in the era of highly active antiretroviral therapy. AIDS. 1999;13:963-969.
- Gebo KA, Moore RD, Keruly JC, Chaisson RE. Risk factors for pneumococcal disease in human immunodeficiency virus-infected patients. J Infect Dis. 1996;173:857-862.