Infectious Diseases Specialist
Garden State Infectious Diseases Associates, PA
Early Intervention Program
- HIV adherence
Dr Hou is in private practice at Garden State Infectious Diseases Associates and also has clinical responsibilities in its Early Intervention Program. She is an attending physician at Kennedy Health System and Virtua Healthcare System in New Jersey. At Kennedy, she is the Chair of the Infection Control Committee and the CDiff Task Force. Her research interest is in HIV adherence. Dr Hou teaches infectious diseases at the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, School of Osteopathic Medicine (UMDNJ-SOM). She provides HIV-related lectures to Kawempe Home Care in Kawempe, Uganda, as part of a distance-learning initiative. In her spare time, she provides expertise as a member of the Advisory Board of the Lupus Asian Network (LANtern), a lupus support network affiliated with the Hospital for Special Surgery in New York City. Dr Hou has been an invited speaker about lupus in Chinese-Americans and has lectured at the Asian American Women’s Health Symposium in New York City.
- American Osteopathic Association
- American College of Osteopathic Internists (ACOI)
- American College of Physicians
- Infectious Diseases Society of America
- Teaching Award, Kennedy Health Systems, Cherry Hill Division
- Yale College, BS, Biology (1996)
- Boston University, MA, Medical Sciences (1999)
- Boston University, MBA, Health Care Concentration (1999)
- University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine, DO (2005)
- UMDNJ-SOM/Kennedy Health Systems, Residency, Internal Medicine (2008)
- UMDNJ-SOM/Kennedy Health Systems, Fellowship, Infectious Diseases, Chief Fellow (2010)
- Faragon JJ, Condoluci D, Hou CM. Common drug interactions in patients receiving antiretroviral therapy. IAS–USA: Cases on the Web. http://www.iasusa.org/cow/cow-instructions.php?cowid=125. Accessed December 4, 2010.
- Hou CM, Paul SM. Preventing and treating PCP and MAC: a continuing challenge in HIV/AIDS care. New Jersey AIDSLine. December 2009: 3-19. http://www.state.nj.us/health/aids/documents/aidslinedec09.pdf. Accessed December 4, 2010.
- Hou CM, Paul SM. The role of antiretroviral agents in pre and post exposure prophylaxis. New Jersey AIDSLine. June 2010: 29-41. http://ccoe.umdnj.edu/catalog/aids/pdf/AIDSLine_June2010.pdf. Accessed December 4, 2010.
- Hou CM, Slowinski D, Condoluci D, Levin T. Pregnancy and HIV: a retrospective study to assess the impact of nursing case management on CD4 cell counts, viral loads and ART adherence. [Abstract 61251.] 5th International Conference on HIV Treatment Adherence. May 23-25, 2010; Miami, FL.
- Hou CM, Slowinski D, Condoluci D, Levin D. HIV in women: a pilot study of the impact of case management on CD4 cell counts, viral loads, and HAART adherence. [Abstract 27.] 4th International Conference on HIV Treatment Adherence. April 5-7, 2009; Miami, FL.