Director, Outpatient Alternative Service Intervention System (OASIS) Clinic
King-Drew Medical Center/Charles Drew University
Los Angeles, CA
- Evaluation of outreach approaches
- Success of initial therapies as measured by sustained viral-load suppression and CD4+ cell counts
- Emergence of viral resistance in women and minority populations
- Approaches to outreach in minority communities
- Molestation and abuse as pre-conditioning factors in HIV infection and treatment adherence
- Initiation of HIV therapy: sequencing considerations
Dr Jordan is the Director of the OASIS Clinic at King-Drew Medical Center of Charles Drew University. He is also a Faculty Advisor for the Infectious Diseases fellow for HIV research. He coordinates Residents Research Forum, and teaches courses on HIV and AIDS for medical students and university residents.
- Los Angeles County Commission on HIV/AIDS Services (1990-2005)
- Founding Member, Black Clinical Research Consortium
- National Medical Association (NMA)
- Chair, AIDS Advisory Committee, NMA
- Infectious Diseases Society of America (IDSA)
- United States Surgeon General's Award (2000)
- Inducted into the Arkansas Black Hall of Fame (1999)
- Man of the Year, Los Angeles Sentinel (1998)
- Doctor of the Year, Charles R. Drew Medical Society (1998)
- Heroes in the Struggle, AIDS Institue (2002)
- Harvard College, AB (1966)
- Case Western Reserve University, MD (1971)
- University of California Los Angeles, MPH (1978)
- Jordan WC. The effectiveness of combined saquinavir and ketoconazole treatment in reducing HIV viral load. J Natl Med Assoc. 1998;90:622-624.
- Jordan WC. The effectiveness of intermittent hyperbaric oxygen in relieving drug-induced HIV-associated neuropathy. J Natl Med Assoc. 1998;90:355-358.
- Jordan WC. Clarithromycin prophylaxis against Cryptosporidium enteritis in patients with AIDS. J Natl Med Assoc. 1996;88:425-427.
- Jordan WC. Using self-esteem as a motivation to affect behavior change in sexually active homesexual men. [Abstract PuD9092] International Conference on AIDS. 1992;8:214.
- Jordan WC. Five friends. In: Johnson C, McClusky J, Jr, eds. Black Men Speaking. University of Indiana Press;1977:73-88.
- Jordan WC. Low dose oral interferon-alpha: effective prophylaxis for gingivitis and aphthous ulcers in AIDS patients (letter). J Natl Med Assoc. 1997;89:647.
- Jordan WC, Tolbert L, Smith R. Partner notification and focused intervention as a means of identifying HIV-positive patients. J Natl Med Assoc. 1998;90:542-546.
- Jordan WC. Lymphocystosis-producing factor (letter). J Natl Med Assoc. 1997;89:711.
- Jordan WC. Sexual abstinence in patients with HIV infection: a 2-year follow-up study. J Natl Med Assoc. 1991;83:1102-1103.
- Zweighaft RM, Frasier D, Hattwick MA, Winkler WC, Jordan WC. Lassa fever: response to an imported case. N Engl J Med. 1977;297:803-807.