Professor of Clinical Pharmacy
Schools of Pharmacy and Family and Community Medicine
University of California San Francisco
Pharmacy Clinician, National HIV/AIDS Consultation Center
Family HIV/HCV Clinic
San Francisco General Hospital
San Francisco, California
Committees and Organizations
- Editorial Advisory Board, American Public Health Association (ApHA) DrugInfoLine, Section Editor on HIV/AIDS, American Pharmaceutical Association
- Editorial Board on HIV/AIDS, Annals of Pharmacotherapy
- Invited Member, Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) Committee to draft a public document for management of HCV Screening, Management, and Implementation
- National Association of Boards of Pharmacy Advisory Committee on Examinations and Competency Committee
- Invited participant, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Guidelines on Postexposure Prophylaxis (2005)
Honors and Awards
- Distinguished Alumnus, UCSF (2010)
- Elected Fellow, American Society of Health System Pharmacists (2007)
- Clinical Practice Award, American College of Clinical Pharmacy (2005)
- Elected Fellow, American College of Clinical Pharmacy (2004)
- Pharmacist of the Year Award, California Society of Hospital Pharmacists (2001)
- Outstanding Preceptor of the Year, Division of Clinical Pharmacy, UCSF Pharmacy Residents (1990)
- Outstanding Teaching Award, Department of Family and Community Medicine Residency Program, San Francisco General Hospital (1988)
- Long Foundation Award for Excellence in Teaching, School of Pharmacy, UCSF (1987)
- University of California School of Pharmacy, PharmD (1972)
- University of California School of Pharmacy, Clinical Pharmacy Residency (1972)
- Dong BJ. HIV/AIDS. Pharmacists’ Letter Continuing Education Module (online), 2010.
- Sherman, EM, Cocohoba JM, Dong BJ. Raltegravir treatment intensification in two HIV patients with undetectable viremia but discordant CD4 response: Case report and review of the literature. Pharmacotherapy. In press as of Dec. 2010.
- Cocohoba J, Dong BJ. Raltegravir: the first HIV integrase inhibitor. Clin Ther. 2008;30:1747-1765.
- Saberi P, Caswell NH, Gruta CI, Tokumoto JN, Dong BJ. Immunologic benefits of enfuvirtide in patients enrolled in a drug assistance program. Ann Pharmacother. 2008;42:621-626.
- Dong BJ, Cocohoba JM. Tipranavir: a protease inhibitor for HIV salvage therapy. Ann Pharmacother. 2006;40:1311-1321.
- Clay PG, Dong BJ, Sorensen SJ, Tseng A, Romanelli F, Antoniou T. Advances in human immunodeficiency virus therapeutics. Ann Pharmacother. 2006;40:704-709.
- Lim ML, Dong BJ, Hart SL. Outcomes of dual-protease inhibitor salvage therapy in human immunodeficiency virus-infected patients referred to a telephone consultation service. Pharmacotherapy. 2003;23:1100-1104.