The On-Demand 2020 Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program CLINICAL CONFERENCE
The On-Demand 2020 Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program CLINICAL CONFERENCE
Release date: September 2, 2020
Expiration date: September 2, 2021
CME Credit Available: 30.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
Who Should Participate
This activity is designed for physicians who are actively involved in the medical care of people with HIV infection and:
- Have a solid, working knowledge of HIV disease management
- Provide comprehensive or specialty care for patients with HIV infection
- Are currently active in HIV research
2020 CLINICAL CONFERENCE Description
The 2020 CLINICAL CONFERENCE provided state-of-the-art updates on research, care, and treatment issues in the medical management of HIV infection for experienced HIV clinical decision makers.
The 2020 CLINICAL CONFERENCE was planned with and supported by the HIV/AIDS Bureau, Health Resources and Services Administration of the US Department of Health and Human Services (HRSA) and is sponsored and organized by the International Antiviral Society-USA (IAS-USA). This conference is coordinated through the RWHAP AIDS Education and Training Centers (AETC) clinician training network. A mix of lectures, case-based interactive presentations, and small-group workshop breakout sessions was held during the three days of the 2020 CLINICAL CONFERENCE. It concluded immediately before the opening general session of the National Conference.
The educational objectives for the 2020 CLINICAL CONFERENCE are designed and developed based on the identified needs and knowledge gaps of the attendees.
On completion of the 2020 CLINICAL CONFERENCE, participants will be able to:
- Describe the new aspects to the Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program
- Identify situations in which the choice of antiretroviral regimen should consider particular clinical circumstances, such as comorbid conditions, coinfections, pregnancy, and issues in older patients
- Describe the most current data on currently available and investigational new antiretroviral drugs, formulations, and strategies
- Describe the current approaches for achieving a cure for HIV Initiate and monitor HIV prevention intervention strategies, including the use of preexposure prophylaxis (PrEP), in individuals at risk for HIV infection
- Describe the current epidemiology, clinical presentations, and management of the most common sexually transmitted infections (STIs) in adults with HIV infection and in special populations such as adolescents
- Detect, manage, and prevent common comorbidities occurring in the aging population of persons with HIV infection including liver disease and cardiovascular disease
- Identify and manage clinical issues in the primary care of persons with HIV infection
- Identify individuals with chronic opioid dependency and develop treatment strategies for the management of these patients with opioid substitution therapy
- Identify best practices for ending the HIV epidemic
- Describe the current understanding of COVID-19 in people with HIV
Continuing Education Credits
Credits for the On-Demand 2020 Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program CLINICAL CONFERENCE webcasts can only be claimed for the sessions you did not view live. Duplicate claiming of credits is not permitted for anyone who attended all or part of the live CLINICAL CONFERENCE.
The International Antiviral Society–USA (IAS–USA) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The IAS–USA designates this enduring material for a maximum of 30 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
ABIM MOC Points
Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 30 MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine’s (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is the CME activity provider’s responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.
American Academy of Family Physicians Credits
The AAFP has reviewed The On-Demand 2020 Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program CLINICAL CONFERENCE and deemed it acceptable for up to 30.00 Enduring Materials, Self-Study AAFP Prescribed credit. Term of Approval is from 09/02/2020 to 09/02/2021. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Nursing and Pharmacy Credits
We are unable to offer nursing or pharmacy credits for the enduring material directly, given the complex requirements of the nursing and pharmacy credit providers, including designating each of the 30 or so presentations and breakout sessions as separate activities each with its own evaluation and claim process.
However, nursing and pharmacy professionals may participate in the activity and claim a Certificate of Participation to obtain credits from their certification board, depending on the policies of individual boards.
This conference is funded by Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the US Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) under grant number U1OHA28686 (AIDS Education and Training Center National Coordinating Resource Center) awarded François-Xavier Bagnoud Center from the Rutgers University School of Nursing with a sub award to International Antiviral Society–USA (IAS–USA) to sponsor this CME activity.
How to Claim Credit
- Start the Activity by clicking "START COURSE" located above. Please note that the "START COURSE" will no longer be visible once you clicked it once.
- Watch the webcasts here.
- Return to this page and follow this link to the posttest assessment and evaluation form. Please note: once you complete the claiming process, you will not be able to go back and claim credits for additional sessions.
- Once you complete the evaluation, you will be directed to the online claim form, where you will record the number of hours that you participated in this activity. You must be logged in to your IAS–USA profile to claim credit.
Please note: if you already have participated on the live webinar and have received CME credits, you will not receive additional credits from this activity.
To claim CME credits: On the "online CME claim form", where, once logged in, you will: a) answer "YES" to the question, "Are you a licensed physicians?" b) enter the CME hours you wish to claim, and c) click Submit.
To claim ABIM MOC points: Be sure to indicate that you are claiming ABIM MOC points. You are required to take the posttest and must have a passing score of 70%.
On the "online CME claim form", where, once logged in, you will: a) answer "YES" to the question, "Are you a licensed physicians?" b) enter the CME hours you wish to claim, and c) click Submit.
To Claim AAFP Credits:If you are claiming CME in addition to AAFP credits, follow the CME claiming steps above in addition to the final step below. If you are only claiming AAFP credits, on the "online CME claim form", where, once logged in, you will: a) answer "NO" to the question, "Are you a licensed physicians?" and b) click Submit to receive your certificate of participation.
Login to your AAFP account. Search for course title, “On-Demand 2020 Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program (RWHAP) CLINICAL CONFERENCE" and claim your credits.
To claim a certificate of participation: On the "online CME claim form", where, once logged in, you will: a) answer "NO" to the question, "Are you a licensed physicians?" and b) click Submit to receive your certificate of participation.
- Your certificate will be available for you to print from your IAS–USA account immediately after you have submitted your claim form. To view your certificates, go to "My Activities" under your profile.