Associate Professor of Medicine
University of California San Francisco
San Francisco General Hospital
San Francisco, California
Committees and Organizations
- ACTG TB Diagnostics Working Group (2008-present)
Honors and Awards
- Recipient, David E. Rogers Junior Faculty Award for Outstanding Educational Presentation (2003)
- Recipient, Young Investigator Award, 14th Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections (2007)
- Nominee, SFGH Department of Medicine, John Murray Award For Excellence in Internal Medicine (2010)
- Stanford University, AB degree with distinction, American Studies (1994)
- Harvard Medical School, MD (1999)
- UCSF, Resident Physician, Internal Medicine (1999-2002)
- UCSF, Veteran Affairs Medical Center, Chief Resident Physician, Internal Medicine (2002-2003)
- UCSF, Infectious Diseases Fellow (2003-2007)
- UCSF, Center for AIDS Prevention Studies, Postdoctoral Fellow (2004-2006)
- Chamie G, Luetkemeyer A, Walusimbi-Nanteza M, et al. Significant variation in presentation of pulmonary tuberculosis across a high resolution of CD4 strata. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis. 2010;14:1295-1302.
- Luetkemeyer AF, Havlir DV, Currier JS. Complications of HIV disease and antiretroviral treatment. Top HIV Med. 2010;18:57-65.
- Chamie G, Luetkemeyer A, Charlebois E, Havlir DV. Tuberculosis as part of the natural history of HIV infection in developing countries. Clin Infect Dis. 2010;50:S245-S254.
- Luetkemeyer AF, Charlebois ED, Flores LL, et al. Comparison of an interferon-gamma release assay with tuberculin skin testing in HIV-infected individuals. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2007;175:737-742.
- Swaminathan S, Luetkemeyer A, Srikantiah P, et al. Antiretroviral therapy and TB. Trop Doct. 2006;36:73-79.
- Luetkemeyer A, Hare CB, Stansell J, et al. Clinical presentation and course of acute hepatitis C infection in HIV-infected patients. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2006;41:31-36.