Mountain West AIDS Education and Training Center
Professor of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases
University of Washington School of Medicine
Honors and Awards
- Ryan White National AIDS Education and Training Center Award
- Paul Beeson Teaching Award, University of Washington
- Outstanding Faculty CME Award, University of Washington
- Medical Service Excellence Award, University of Washington
- Duke University, MD
- University of Washington, Seattle, Residency
- University of Washington, Infectious Diseases Fellowship
- Wood BR, Karpenko A, Unruh KT, Martinez-Paz N, Annese M, Ramers C, Kimmerly L, Scott JD, Spach DH. Impact of a telehealth program in providing remote consultation and longitudinal mentorship to HIV providers across a broad geographic region. Open Forum Infect Dis. 2016 (In press)
- Spach DH, Wood BR, Karpenko A, Unruh KT, Kinney RG, Roscoe C, Nelson J. Creating a National HIV Curriculum. J Assoc Nurses AIDS Care. 2016;27:261-73.
- Chung MH, Severynen AO, Hals MP, Harrington RD, Spach DH, Kim HN. Offering an American Graduate Medical HIV Course to Health Care Workers in Resource-Limited Settings via the Internet. PLoS One. 2012;7:e52663.
- Spach DH, Kanter AS, Dougherty MJ, Larson AM, Coyle MB, Brenner DJ, Swaminathan B, Matar GM, Welch DF, Root RK, Stamm WE. Bartonella(Rochalimaea) quintana bacteremia in inner-city patients with chronic alcoholism. N Engl J Med 1995;332:424-8.
- Spach DH, Silverstein FE, Stamm WE. Transmission of infection by gastrointestinal endoscopy and bronchoscopy. Ann Intern Med 1993;118:117-28.
- Spach DH, Liles WC, Campbell GL, Quick RE, Anderson DE, Fritsche TR. Tick-borne diseases in the United States. N Engl J Med 1993;329:936-47.
- Spach DH, Callis KP, Paauw DS, Houze YB, Schoenknecht FD, Welch DF, Rosen H, Brenner DJ. Endocarditis caused by Rochalimaea quintana in a patient infected with human immunodeficiency virus. J Clin Microbiol 1993;31:692-4.
- Spach DH. Bacillary angiomatosis. Int J Dermatol 1992; 31:19-24.
- Spach DH, Stapleton AE, Stamm WE. Lack of circumcision increases the risk of urinary tract infection in young men. JAMA 1992;267:679-81.