Professor of Clinical Medicine
University of California San Francisco
Infectious Diseases Section, Department of Medicine
San Francisco Veteran Affairs Medical Center
San Francisco, California
Committees and Organizations
- Executive Advisory Board, UCSF Community Consortium for HIV/Research/CPCRA
- Member, UCSF Human Research Protection Program Policy Working Group, Committee on Human Research, UCSF
- Elected Member, UCSF Academy of Medical Education
- Chair, Clinical Research Subcommittee, Research and Development Committee, SFVAMC
- Associate Program Director, Infectious Disease Fellowship Program, UCSF
- Selection Committee Member, UCSF Categorical Medical Residency
- Member, Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee, SFVAMC
- Chairman, Antibiotic Subcommittee, Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee, SFVAMC
Honors and Awards
- Recipient, George S. Sarlo Award for Teaching Excellence, UCSF AIDS Research Institute (2009)
- Elected Member, Haile T. Debas Academy of Medical Educators, UCSF School of Medicine (2005)
- Best Doctors in Bay Area, Infectious Disease, San Francisco Magazine (2005)
- Excellence in Outpatient Teaching Award, SFVAMC Prime Program (1997)
- Brown University, BS, Biochemistry, BA, Comparative Literature
- University of California San Francisco, College of Medicine, MD (1985)
- Northwestern University, McGaw Medical Center, Internal Medicine Internship and Residency (1985-1988)
- University of California Hospitals San Francisco, Fellowship in Infectious Diseases (1989-1991)
- H Hatano, H Lampiris, S Fransen, S Gupta, W Huang, R Hoh, JN Martin, J Lalezari, D Bangsberg, C Petropoulos, SG Deeks. Evolution of integrase resistance during failure of integrase inhibitor-based antiretroviral therapy. JAIDS. 2010;54:380-393.
- AR Zolopa, DS Berger, H Lampiris, L Zhong, SL Chuck, J Enejosa BP Kearney, AK Cheng. Antiviral activity of elvitegravir, a once-daily integrase inhibitor, against resistant HIV-1: results of a phase 2, randomized, controlled, dose-ranging clinical trial. J Infect Dis. 2010;201:814-822.
- SA Yukl, AK Shergill, K McQuaid, S Gianella, H Lampiris, CB Hare, M Pandori, E Sinclair, HF Gunthard, M Fischer, JK Wong, DV Havlir. Effect of raltegravir-containing intensification on HIV burden and T-cell activation in multiple gut sites of HIV-positive adults on suppressive antiretroviral therapy. AIDS. 2010;24:2451-2460.
- PW Hunt, SG Deeks, DR Bangsberg, A Moss, E Sinclair, T Liegler, M Bates, G Tsao, H Lampiris, R Hoh, and JN Martin. The independent effect of drug resistance on T cell activation in HIV infection. AIDS. 2006; 20:691-699.
- PW Hunt, JN Martin, E Sinclair, B Bredt, E Hagos, H Lampiris, SG Deeks. T Cell Activation is Associated with Lower CD4+ gains in HIV-Infected Patients with Sustained Viral Suppression on Antiretroviral Therapy. J Infect Dis. 2003;187:1534-1543.
- DL Stevens, D. Herr, H. Lampiris, JL Hunt, DH Batts, B Hafkin and the Linezolid MRSA Study Group. Linezolid versus vancomycin for the treatment of infections caused by methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus. Clin Infect Dis. 2002;34: 1481-1490.
- RT Schooley, P Ruane, RA Myers, H Lampiris, D Berger, I McGowan, S Chen, MD Miller, E Isaacson, J Elder, A McCullough, A Cheng and the Study 902 Team. Tenofovir DF in highly antiretroviral-experienced patients: results from a 48 week, randomized, double blind study. AIDS. 2002;16:1257-1263.
- CB Hare, MP Vu, C Grunfeld, H Lampiris. Simvastatin-nelfinavir interaction leading to rhabdomyolysis and death. Clin Infect Dis. 2002; 35:e111-112.
- HW Lampiris and DS Maddix. “Clinical Use of Antimicrobial Agents” in Basic and Clinical Pharmacology, 7th Edition, 8th Edition, 9th Edition, 10th Edition. 2006, 2004, 2001, 1997. BG Katzung, editor, McGraw-Hill, New York.