Assistant Clinical Professor
Division of Infectious Diseases
Center for Clinical AIDS Research and Education
Department of Medicine
David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA
Los Angeles, California
Honors and Awards
- 2013 20th Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections (CROI) Young Investigator Award
- 2001 BA with Honors, Biology, Brown University
- 2005 MD, Brown Medical School
- 2005-2008 Internal Medicine Residency, University of California San Francisco
- 2009-2013 Infectious Diseases Fellowship, Special Training and Advanced Research (STAR) Program, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA
- 2013 Master of Science in Clinical Research, UCLA Department of Biomathematics
- Chew KW, Liu C-Y,Ambale-Venkatesh B, Liao D, Horwich TB, Lima J A.C.,Bluemke DA, Finn P, Butt AA, Currier JS. Subclinical Myocardial Disease in HIV/Hepatitis C Virus Co-infected Persons. Journal of International Medical Research. 2017 June 12 [Epub ahead of print]
- Castrejon M, Chew KW, Javanbakht M, Humphries R, Saab S, Klausner JD. Implementation of a large system-wide hepatitis C virus screening and linkage to care program for baby boomers. Open Forum Infectious Diseases. 2017 May 17 [Epub ahead of print]
- Butt AA, Yan P, Chew KW, Currier JS, Corey K, Chung RT, Butler J, Freiberg MS. Lipid Levels and the Risk of Acute Myocardial Infarction Among HCV Infected and Uninfected Persons. Clinical Infectious Diseases. 2017 Apr 24 [Epub ahead of print]
- Yang OO, Cumberland WG, Escobar R, Liao D, Chew KW. Demographics and Natural History of HIV-1-Infected Spontaneous Controllers of Viremia: Extremes on a Continuum. AIDS. 2017 May 15;31(8):1091-1098.
- Chew KW, Bhattacharya D, Horwich TB, Yan P, McGinnis KA, Tseng, C-H, Freiberg MS, Currier JS, Butt AA. Performance of the Pooled Cohort Atherosclerotic Cardiovascular Disease (ASCVD) Risk Score in HCV-infected Persons. Journal of Viral Hepatitis. 2017 Mar 8 [Epub ahead of print].
- Chew KW and Bhattacharya D. Editorial Review: Virologic and Immunologic Aspects of HIV-HCV Coinfection. AIDS 2016 Oct 23;30(16):2395-2404.
- Chew KW, Javanbakht M, Clare LE, Bornfleth LD, Bhattacharya D, Gorbach PM, Blum ML. Low Prevalence of Hepatitis C Co-infection in Recently HIV-infected Minority Men Who Have Sex with Men in Los Angeles: A Cross-Sectional Study, BMC Infectious Diseases2015;15(1):538.
- Chew KW, Bhattacharya D, McGinnis KA, Horwich TB, Tseng C, Currier JS, Butt AA. Coronary Heart Disease Risk by Framingham Risk Score in Hepatitis C and HIV/Hepatitis C Coinfected Persons. AIDS Research and Human Retroviruses. 2015 Jul;31(7):718-22.
- Chew KW, Hua L, Bhattacharya D, Butt AA, Bornfleth L, Chung RT, Andersen JW, Currier JS. “The Effect of Hepatitis C Virologic Clearance on Cardiovascular Disease Biomarkers in HIV/HCV Coinfection,” Open Forum Infectious Diseases 2014;1(3):ofu104. doi:10.1093/ofid/ofu104.
- Lassmann B, Arumugaswami V, Chew KW, Lewis MJ. “A New System to Measure and Compare Hepatitis C Virus Replication Capacity Using Full-length, Replication Competent Viruses,” Journal of Virological Methods2013 Dec;194:82-8.
- Chew KW, Yen IH, Li JZ, Winston LG. “Predictors of pneumonia severity in HIV-infected adults admitted to an urban public hospital,” AIDS Patient Care and STDs 2011 May;25(5):273-7.
- Chew KW, Allen SA, Taylor LE, Rich JD, Feller E. “Pegylated interferon and ribavirin for male prisoners with chronic hepatitis C,” Journal of Clinical Gastroenterology 2009;43(7):686-91.