Professor of Medicine and Healthcare Policy and Research
Associate Chief, Division of Infectious Diseases
Director, Cornell HIV Clinical Trials Unit
Weill Cornell Medicine
Regional Clinical Director
Northeast-Caribbean AIDS Education and Training Center
New York, New York
Committees and Organizations
- Member, Infectious Diseases Society of America
- Co-Editor, Cases on the Web, IAS–USA
- Assistant Editor, Journal of Acquired Immune Defiency Syndromes
Honors and Awards
- Delta Omega Public Health Honor Society (1997)
- Helen B. Taussig Research Prize, Young Investigators Day, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine (1996)
- Phi Beta Kappa (1989)
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society (1989)
- John E. Carey Young Investigator Award, Adult AIDS Clinical Trials Group (2003)
- Excellence in Training Award, New York/New Jersey AIDS Education and Training Center (2010)
- HIV Research Award, HIV Medicine Association (2011)
- McGill University, BSc, Biochemistry (1985)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, MD (1989)
- Johns Hopkins Hospital, Residency in Internal Medicine (1989–1992)
- Johns Hopkins Hospital, Fellow in Infectious Diseases (1992–1996)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Hygiene and Public Health, PhD in Clinical Investigation (1997)
- Glesby MJ, Hoover DR, Vaamonde CM. Osteonecrosis in patients infected with human immunodeficiency virus infection: a case-control study. J Infect Dis. 2001;184:519-523.
- Dube MP, Stein JH, Aberg JA, Fichtenbaum CJ, Gerber JG, Tashima KT, Henry WK, Currier JS, Sprecher D, Glesby MJ, for the Adult AIDS Clinical Trials Group Cardiovascular Subcommittee. Guidelines for the evaluation and management of dyslipidemia in HIV-infected adults receiving antiretroviral therapy. Recommendations of the HIV Medical Association of the Infectious Diseases Society of America and the Adult AIDS Clinical Trials Group. Clin Infect Dis. 2003;37:613-627.
- Yoon C, Gulick RM, Hoover DR, Vaamonde CM, Glesby MJ. Case-control study of diabetes mellitus in HIV-infected patients. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2004;37:1464-1469.
- Glesby MJ, Hoover DR, Tan T, Shi Q, Gao W, French AL, Maurer T, Young M, DeHovitz J, Ru J, Anastos K. Herpes zoster in women with and at risk for human immunodeficiency virus infection: data from the Women’s Interagency HIV Study. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2004;37:1604-1609.
- Glesby MJ, Bassett R, Alston B, Fichtenbaum C, Jacobson EL, Owens S, Race E, Sherman K for the ACTG A5088 team. Pilot study of low dose interleukin-2, pegylated interferon-alfa2b, and ribavirin for the treatment of hepatitis C virus infection in patients with human immunodeficiency virus infection. J Infect Dis. 2005;191:686-693.
- Glesby MJ, Aberg JA, Kendall MA, Fichtenbaum CJ, Hafner R, Hall S, Grosskopf N, Zolopa AR, Gerber JG, for the Adult AIDS Clinical Trials Group A5159 Protocol Team. Pharmacokinetic interactions between indinavir plus ritonavir and calcium channel blockers. Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2005;78:143-153.
- Marks KM, Petrovic LM, Talal AH, Murray MP, Gulick RM, Glesby MJ. Histologic findings and clinical characteristics associated with hepatic steatosis in HIV/HCV coinfected patients. J Infect Dis. 2005;192:1943-1949.
- Raiszadeh F, Hoover DR, Lee I, Shi Q, Anastos K, Gao W, Kaplan R, Glesby MJ. Plasma homocysteine is not associated with HIV serostatus or antiretroviral therapy in women. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 2009;51:175-178.
- Glesby MJ, Hoover DR, Raiszadeh F, Lee I, Shi Q, Milne G, Sanchez SC, Gao W, Kaplan RC, Morrow JD, Anastos K. Oxidant stress in HIV-infected women from the Women’s Interagency HIV Study. Antivir Ther 2009;14:763-9.
- MarksKM, Clarke RM, Bussel JB, Talal AH, Glesby MJ. Risk factors for thrombocytopenia in the era of potent antiretroviral therapy. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2009;52:595-9.
- Glesby MJ, Hoover DR, Shi Q, Danoff A, Howard A, Tien PC, Merenstein D, Cohen M, Golub ET, DeHovitz J, Nowicki M, Anastos K. Glycated haemoglobin in diabetic women with and without HIV Infection: data from the Women’s Interagency HIV Study. Antivir Ther. 2010;15:571-7.
- Tien PC, Schneider MF, Cox C, Cohen M, Karim R, Lazar J, Young M, Glesby MJ. HIV, highly active antiretroviral therapy and lipoprotein particle concentrations in the Women’s Interagency HIV Study. AIDS 2010;15:571-7.
- Vorkas CK, Vaamonde CM, Glesby MJ. Testosterone replacement therapy and polycythemia in HIV-infected patients. AIDS 2012; 26:243-5.
- Tien PC, Schneider, MF, Cox C, Karim R, Cohen M, Sharma A, Young M, Glesby MJ. Association of HIV infection with incident diabetes mellitus: impact of using hemoglobin A1C as a criterion for diabetes. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2012;61:334-340.
- Glesby MJ, Albu J, Chiu Y-L, Ham K, Engelson E, He Q, Muthukrishnan V, Ginsberg HN, Donovan D, Ernst J, Lesser M, Kotler DP. Recombinant human growth hormone and rosiglitazone for abdominal fat accumulation in HIV-infected patients with insulin resistance: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, factorial trial. PLoS ONE 2013; 8(4): e61160.
- Branch AD, Kang M, Hollabaugh K, Wyatt C, Chung RT, Glesby MJ. In HIV/HCV co-infected patients, higher levels of 25-hydroxyvitamin D were not associated with HCV treatment responses, but were associated with ritonavir use. Am J Clin Nutr. 2013; 98:423-9.
- Shirley DK, Kesari RK, Glesby MJ. Factors associated with smoking in HIV-infected patients and potential barriers to cessation. AIDS Patient Care STDs 2013; 27:604-12.
- Sulkowski MS, Kang M, Matining R, Wyles D, Johnson VA, Morse GD, Amorosa V, Bhattacharya D, Coughlin K, Wong-Staal F, Glesby MJ, for the AIDS Clinical Trials Group A5277 Protocol Team. Safety and antiviral activity of the HCV entry inhibitor ITX 5061 in treatment-naïve HCV- infected adults: a randomized, double-blind, phase 1b study. J Infect Dis 2014; 209:658-67.
- Marks K, Kitch D, Chung RT, Hadigan C, Andersen J, Tien P, Luetkemeyer A, Alston-Smith B, Glesby MJ, and the A5239 team. Pilot study of pioglitazone prior to HCV re-treatment in HIV/HCV genotype 1-infected subjects with insulin resistance and prior nonresponse to peginterferon and ribavirin therapy: A5239. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2014; 65:345-9.
- Glesby MJ, Watson W, Brinson C, Greenberg RN, Lalezari JP, Skiest D, Sundaraiyer V, Natuk R, Gurtman A, Scott DA, Emini EA, Gruber WC, Schmoele-Thoma B. Immunogenicity and safety of 13-valent pneumococcal conjugate vaccine in HIV-infected adults previously vaccinated with pneumococcal polysaccharide vaccine. J Infect Dis. 2015;212:18-27.
- Shirley DK, Kaner RJ, Glesby MJ. Screening for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) in an urban HIV clinic: a pilot study. AIDS Patient Care STDs. 2015; 29:232-9.
- Kotler DP, He Q, Engelson ES, Albu JB, Glesby MJ. The effect of recombinant human growth hormone with or without rosiglitazone on hepatic fat content in HIV-1 infected individuals; a randomized clinical trial. Antivir Ther 2016;21:107-16.
- Leung V, Chiu Y-L, Kotler DP, Albu J, Zhu Y-S, Ham K, Engelson ES, Hammad H, Christos P, Donovan DS, Ginsberg HN, Glesby MJ. Effect of recombinant human growth hormone and rosiglitazone for HIV-associated abdominal fat accumulation on adiponectin and other markers of inflammation. HIV Clin Trials 2016; 17:55-62.
|Course Name||Course Price Type|
|Archived Webinar: HIV and Cardiovascular Disease: A Tale of Two Epidemics||free|
|HIV and Cardiovascular Disease: A Tale of Two Epidemics||closed|