Professor of Medicine
Brigham and Women’s Hospital
Harvard Medical School
Clinical Director, Division of Infectious Diseases
Committees and Organizations
- Editor in Chief, AIDS Clinical Care
- HIV Medicine Association
- American Academy of HIV Medicine
- Massachusetts Medical Society
Honors and Awards
- Edward H Kass Award in Clinical Excellence (1993)
- Harvard-Longwood Infectious Disease Fellowship Award in Clinical Teaching (1997)
- Brigham Resident Mentorship Award (2002)
- Harvard College, AB (1982)
- Harvard Medical School, MD (1987)
- Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Resident in Internal Medicine (1987-1990)
- Massachusetts General Hospital, Fellowship in Infectious Diseases (1990-1992)
- Colson AE, Keller MJ, Sax PE, Pettus PT, Platt R, Choo PW. Male sexual dysfunction associated with antiretroviral therapy. AIDS. 2002;30:27-32.
- Schackman BR, Freedberg KA, Weinstein MC, Sax PE, Losina E, Zhang H, Goldie SJ. Cost-effectiveness implications of the timing of antiretroviral therapy in HIV-infected adults. Arch Intern Med.2002;162:2478-2486.
- Walensky RP, Goldie SJ, Sax PE, Weinstein MC, Paltiel AD, Kimmel AD, Seage GR, Losina E, Zhang H, Islam R, Freedberg KA. Treatment of primary HIV infection: projection outcomes of immediate, interrupted, or delayed therapy. AIDS. 2002;31:27-37.
- Hadigan C, Meigs JB, Wilson PWF, D’Agostino RB, Davis B, Basgoz N, Sax PE, Grinspoon S. Prediction of coronary heart disease risk in HIV-infected patients with fat redistribution. Clin Infect Dis. 2003;36:909-916.
- Hurtado RM, Sax PE. Antiretroviral therapy. In Libman H and Makadon JH (eds): HIV. American College of Physicians-American Society of Internal Medicine Press;2003:77-100.
- Gandhi RT, Wurcel A, Lee H, McGovern B, Boczanowski M, Gerwin R, Corcoran CP, Szczepiorkowski Z, Toner S, Cohen D, Sax PE, Ukomadu C. Isolated antibody to hepatitis B core antigen in human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)-1-infected individuals. Clin Infect Dis.2003;36:1602-1605.
- Goldie SJ, Paltiel AD, Walensky R, Weinstein MC, Sax PE, Freedberg KA. Projecting the cost-effectiveness of adherence interventions in persons with HIV infection. Am J Med. 2003;115:632-641.
- Sax PE, Walker BD. Immunology of AIDS. In Goldman L and Bennett JC (eds): Cecil Textbook of Medicine, 22nd Edition. W.B. Saunders, 2004:2137-2139.
- Losina E, Pollock AC, Islam R, Sax PE, Freedberg KA, Walensky RP. Effectiveness of antiretroviral therapy after protease inhibitor failure: an analytic overview. Clin Infect Dis. 2004;38:1613-1622.
- Hadigan C, Yawetz S, Thomas A, Havers F, Sax PE, Grinspoon S. Metabolic effects of rosiglitazone in HIV lipodystrophy: a randomized, controlled trial. Ann Intern Med. 2004;140:786-794.
- Ivers LC, Kim AY, Sax PE. Predictive value of cerebrospinal fluid EBV PCR for the diagonsis of HIV-related primary central nervous system lymphoma. Clin Infect Dis. 2004;38:1629-1631.
- Sax PE. Pulmonary complications of HIV infection. In Mandell GL, Bennett JE, Dolin (eds): Principles and Practice of Infectious Diseases, Churchill Livingston, 2005, in press.