Director, Infectious Disease Fellowship Training
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
Committees and Organizations
- Member, HIV Malignancy Working Group, NIAID, NIH
- Member, The Infectious Disease Society of America
- Member, The American Medical Association
- Member, The American College of Physicians
- Member, The American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene
- Member, The Royal Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene
Honors and Awards
- Recognition for excellence in abstract submission, IDSA 2003 Travel Grant (2003)
- NIH-sposnored Clinical Investigator Fellowship Award, The University of Alabama at Birmingham (2002)
- Resident of the Year, Miami Valley Hospital (2001)
- Teacher of the Year, Wright State University School of Medicine (2001)
- University of Yaounde, Cameroon, MD (1989)
- Tulane University, MS, Parasitology (1997)
- Wright State University Medical School, Internal Medicine Residency (2001)
- University of Alabama at Birmingham, Infectious Disease Fellowship (2003)
- Busti AJ, Bedimo R, Margolis D, Hardin D. Improvement in Insulin Sensitivity and Dyslipidemia in Protease Inhibitor-Treated Patients After Switch to Atazanavir/Ritonavir (ATV/RTV): A Prospective Study Using Hyperinsulinemic, Euglycemic Clamp Testing. Antivir Ther. 2006;11:L37.
- Kaur R, Bedimo R, Kvanli M, Turner D, Shaw L, and Margolis D. A placebo-controlled pilot study of intensification of antiretroviral therapy with mycophenolate mofetil. AIDS Research and Therapy. 2006;26;3:16.
- Bedimo R, Ghurani R, Nsuami M, Turner D, Kvanli M, Brown G, and Margolis D. Lipid Abnormalities In HIV/HCV Co-Infected Patients. HIV Med. In press.
- Bridges D, Bedimo R. Severe Tuberculosis Sepsis in an Immunocompetent Patient. Am J Med. 2006;119:e11-14.
- Bedimo R, Chen R, Westfall A, Raper J, Allison J and Saag, M. Sustained HIV Viral Suppression Following Treatment Interruption: An Observational Study. AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 2006;22:40-44.
- Bedimo R, Hoesley C, Saag M. Non-AIDS-Defining Malignancies in the HAART era. Reply to Dal Maso et al. Clin Infect Dis. 2005;41:126-127.
- Marinella MA, Burdette SD, Bedimo R, Markert RJ. Leukemoid reactions complicating colitis due to Clostridium difficile. South Med J. 2004;97:959-963.
- Bedimo R, Chen R, Accort N, et al. Trends in AIDS-Defining and Non-AIDS-Defining Malignancies Among HIV-Infected Patients: 1989 to 2002. Clin Infect Dis. 2004;39:1380-1384.
- Bahebeck J, Bedimo R, Eyenga V, Kouamfack C, Kingue T, Nierenet M, Sosso M.. The management of musculoskeletal infection in HIV carriers. Acta Orthop Belg. 2004;70:355-360.
- Bedimo R, Geisler W. Dilantin Hypersensitivity Syndrome Masquerading as Fever and Systemic Illness of Unknown Origin in an HIV-Infected Patient. Int J STD AIDS. 2005;16:178-179.