Associate Clinical Professor
University of California San Francisco
Positive Health Program
San Francisco General Hospital
San Francisco, California
Committees and Organizations
- Committee on Human Research, UCSF
- Internal Advisory Committee, UCSF Center for AIDS Research
- Immunology Research Agenda Committee, AIDS Clinical Trials Group
- HIV Disease Research Agenda Committee, AIDS Clinical Trials Group
- University of California Berkeley, BS (1981–1986)
- University of California San Francisco, MD (1986–1990)
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Board Certification (1993)
- Deeks SG, Hellmann NS, Grant RM, Parkin NT, Petropoulos CJ, Becker M, Symonds W, Chesney M, Volberding PA. Novel four-drug salvage treatment regimens after failure of a human immunodeficiency virus type 1 protease inhibitor-containing regimen: antiviral activity and correlation of baseline phenotypic drug susceptibility with virologic outcome. J Infect Dis. 1999;179:1375-1381.
- Deeks SG, Barbour JD, Martin JN, Swanson MS, Grant RM. Sustained CD4+ T cell response after virologic failure of protease inhibitor-based regimens in patients with human immunodeficiency virus infection. J Infect Dis. 2000;181:946-953.
- Deeks SG, Wrin T, Liegler T, Hoh R, Hayden M, Barbour JD, Hellmann NS, Petropoulos CJ, McCune JM, Hellerstein MK, Grant RM. Virologic and immunologic consequences of discontinuing combination antiretroviral-drug therapy in HIV-infected patients with detectable viremia. N Engl J Med. 2001;344:472-480.
- Deeks SG, Barbour JD, Grant RM, Martin JN. Duration and predictors of CD4+ T cell gains in patients who continue combination therapy despite detectable plasma viremia. AIDS. 2002. In press.
- Deeks SG, Hoh R, Grant RM, Wrin T, Barbour JD, Narvaez A, Cesar D, Abe K, Hellmann NS, Petropoulos CJ, McCune JM, Hellerstein M. Incomplete and complete suppression of HIV-1 replication with protease inhibitor-based regimens are associated with similar T cell dynamics and activation. J Infect Dis. 2002. In press.