Director, Program in Nutritional Metabolism
Professor, Harvard Medical School
Committees and Organizations
- Endocrine Society
- American Society of Bone and Mineral Research
- The Pituitary Society
- American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists
- Metabolic Complications Guidelines Panel, IAS–USA
Honors and Awards
- Editorial Board, Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism
- NIH NCRR & NIDDK Study Sections
- Health and Human Services Panel on Nutrition Guidelines in HIV
- Cornell University, BA (1983)
- University of Rochester School of Medicine, MD (1988)
- Columbia Presbyterian Hospital, Internal Medicine Residency (1988–1992)
- Massachusetts General Hospital, Endocrine Fellowship (1992–1995)
- Loss of lean body and muscle mass correlates with androgen levels in hypogonadal men. J Clin Endocrinol Metab.
- Body composition and endocrine function in women with AIDS wasting. J Clin Endocrinol Metab.
- Effects of androgen administration in men with AIDS wasting syndrome: a randomized, placebo-controlled trial. Ann Intern Med.
- Fasting hyperinsulinemia and changes in regional body composition in HIV-infected women. J Clin Endocrinol Metab.
- Fasting hyperinsulinemia in HIV-infected men: relationship to body composition, gonadal function and protease inhibitor use. J Clin Endocrinol Metab.
- Metformin use in the HIV lipodystrophy syndrome: a randomized, controlled trial. JAMA.
- Metabolic abnormalities and cardiovascular disease risk factors in HIV-infected men and women with the lipodystrophy syndrome. Clin Infect Dis.
- Increased PAI-1 and tPA antigen levels are reduced with metformin therapy in HIV-infected patients with fat redistribution and insulin resistance. J Clin Endocrinol Metab.
- Assessment of growth hormone dynamics in the HIV lipodystrophy syndrome. J Clin Endocrinol Metab.
- Transdermal testosterone administration in women with AIDS wasting: a pilot study. J Clin Endocrinol Metab.