A growing health care professional education organization seeks a Proofreader and Editorial Project Associate with excellent English, project management, communication skills, and an interest in editorial work to assist with virtual presentation materials, guidelines papers, journal articles, and other ongoing projects. This is a full-time remote position.
- Executive Director
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide critical proofreading for a variety of organization materials from slides, journal drafts, and other related materials
- Works within established editorial processes, workflows, and procedures• Ability to successfully work under close supervision as well as independently
- Collaborate with outside vendors and assist in creating procedures for coordinating and monitoring the work of internal and external team members
- Track and monitor editorial development schedules
Professional Experience and Qualifications/Key Attributes
- Academic background in English and biology
- Experience with medical writing or scientific journal development a plus
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe, Zoom
- Knowledge of digital book production
- Demonstrated project management skills and experience
- Full-time. Remote or on-site.
Salary and Benefits
- Compensation is commensurate with experience and consistent with standard non-profit salaries
- Generous vacation, holiday, and sick leave policy increases progressively based on your tenure with the IAS-USA.
- Health plan including medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- 403(b) retirement plan once qualified.
About the IAS-USA – A mission worth being passionate about!
Headquartered in San Francisco, the IAS-USA has led cutting-edge, technical, and complex physician education for the past 30 years with a long record of success.
The mission of the International Antiviral Society–USA (IAS–USA) is to improve the prevention, treatment, care, and quality of life for people with or at risk of HIV or other viral infections and their associated health conditions through high-quality, relevant, balanced, and needs-oriented education and information for practitioners and scientists who are actively involved in medical care and research.
Attn: Jay Batley, Director of Operations
(415) 544 9400
Last Updated: June 17, 2022