The 2022 Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program CLINICAL CONFERENCE (On-Demand)
The 2022 Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program CLINICAL CONFERENCE (On-Demand)
Release date: October 18, 2022
Expiration date: October 18, 2023
CME Credit Available: 12.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
2022 On-Demand RWHAP CLINICAL CONFERENCE Description
The 2022 On-Demand Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program (RWHAP) CLINICAL CONFERENCE provides state-of-the-art updates on research, care, and treatment issues in the medical management of HIV infection for experienced HIV clinical decision-makers.
This activity is planned with and supported by the HIV/AIDS Bureau, Health Resources and Services Administration of the US Department of Health and Human Services (HRSA) and is sponsored and organized by the International Antiviral Society-USA (IAS-USA). This conference is coordinated through the RWHAP AIDS Education and Training Centers (AETC) clinician training network.
Who Should Attend
This activity is intended for HIV physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, registered nurses, and pharmacists in Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program (RWHAP)-funded clinics and programs (specifically for part A, B, C, and D). A
The educational objectives for the 2022 On-Demand RWHAP CLINICAL CONFERENCE are designed and developed based on the identified needs and knowledge gaps of the attendees.
On completion of the 2022 On-Demand RWHAP CLINICAL CONFERENCE, participants will be able to:
- Describe the new aspects to the Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program
- Identify situations in which the choice of antiretroviral regimen should consider particular clinical circumstances, such as comorbid conditions, coinfections, pregnancy, and issues in older patients
- Describe the most current data on currently available and investigational new antiretroviral drugs, formulations, and strategies
- Initiate and monitor HIV prevention intervention strategies, including the use of long-acting injectable preexposure prophylaxis (PrEP), in individuals at risk for HIV infection
- Describe the current epidemiology, clinical presentations, and management of the most common sexually transmitted infections (STIs) in adults with HIV infection and in special populations such as adolescents
- Describe the current understanding of COVID-19 in people with HIV
- Detect and address practitioner and staff burnout
- Describe the current best practices of postnatal HIV care and prevention, including issues around breastfeeding
- Describe the risk factors and screening recommendations for non-AIDS cancers in people with HIV
- Diagnose and manage opportunistic infections in people with HIV
- Implement key primary care practices
- Describe the implications of mRNA vaccines for an HIV vaccine
- Detect and manage opioid use disorder in people with HIV
- Manage hepatitis B virus coinfection, including drug interactions and screening for hepatocellular carcinoma
- Provide gender-affirming care to people with HIV
- Address health disparities in disparate populations
- Describe the current status of the Ending the HIV Epidemic initiative
IAS-USA Accreditation Statement
The International Antiviral Society–USA (IAS–USA) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The IAS–USA designates this enduring activity for a maximum of 12.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
ABIM MOC Points
Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 12.5 MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine’s (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is the CME activity provider’s responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.
American Academy of Family Physicians Credits
The AAFP has reviewed The On-Demand 2022 Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program CLINICAL CONFERENCE – Enduring and deemed it acceptable for up to 15.25 Enduring Materials, Self-Study AAFP Prescribed credits. Term of Approval is from 11/04/2022 to 11/03/2023. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Educational Review Systems is an approved approver of continuing nursing education by the Alabama State Nursing Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. Provider # 5-115. This program is approved for 12.5 hours of continuing nursing education.
Educational Review Systems is also approved for nursing continuing education by the state of California, the state of Florida and the District of Columbia.
This program is approved for 12.5 hours of pharmacotherapy credit.
Educational Review Systems is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. This program is approved for 12.5 hours (1.25 CEUs) of continuing pharmacy education credit. Proof of participation will be posted to your NABP CPE profile within 4 to 6 weeks to participants who have successfully completed the post-test. Participants must participate in the entire presentation and complete the course evaluation to receive continuing pharmacy education credit.
This conference is funded by Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the US Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) under grant number U1OHA28686 (AIDS Education and Training Center National Coordinating Resource Center) awarded François-Xavier Bagnoud Center from the Rutgers University School of Nursing with a sub award to International Antiviral Society–USA (IAS–USA) to sponsor this CME activity.
How to Claim Credit
- Start the Activity by clicking "START COURSE" located above. Please note that the "START COURSE" will no longer be visible once you clicked it once.
- Watch the webcasts here.
- Return to this page and follow this link to the posttest assessment and evaluation form. Please note: once you complete the claiming process, you will not be able to go back and claim credits for additional sessions.
- Once you complete the evaluation, you will be directed to the online claim form, where you will record the number of hours that you participated in this activity. You must be logged in to your IAS–USA profile to claim credit.
Please note: if you already have participated on the live webinar and have received CME credits, you will not receive additional credits from this activity.
To claim CME credits: On the "online CME claim form", where, once logged in, you will: a) answer "YES" to the question, "Are you a licensed physicians?" b) enter the CME hours you wish to claim, and c) click Submit.
To claim ABIM MOC points: Be sure to indicate that you are claiming ABIM MOC points. ABIM will post your points to your ABIM account within 30 days after the deadline to claim credits. You are required to take the posttest and must have a passing score of 70%.
On the "online CME claim form", where, once logged in, you will: a) answer "YES" to the question, "Are you a licensed physicians?" b) enter the CME hours you wish to claim, and c) click Submit.
To claim a certificate of participation: On the "online CME claim form", where, once logged in, you will: a) answer "NO" to the question, "Are you a licensed physicians?" and b) click Submit to receive your certificate of participation.
- Your certificate will be available for you to print from your IAS–USA account immediately after you have submitted your claim form. To view your certificates, go to "My Activities" under your profile.