The Virtual 2021 Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program CLINICAL CONFERENCE (On-Demand)
The 2021 Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program CLINICAL CONFERENCE (On-Demand)
Release date: October 20, 2021
Expiration date: October 20, 2022
CME Credit Available: 9.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
Who Should Participate
This activity is designed for physicians who are actively involved in the medical care of people with HIV infection and:
- Have a solid, working knowledge of HIV disease management
- Provide comprehensive or specialty care for patients with HIV infection
- Are currently active in HIV research
The RWHAP CLINICAL CONFERENCE provides state-of-the-art updates on research, care, and treatment issues in the medical management of HIV infection for experienced HIV clinical decision makers.
This activity, which is part of the RWHAP CLINICAL CONFERENCE, was planned with and supported by the HIV/AIDS Bureau, Health Resources and Services Administration of the US Department of Health and Human Services (HRSA) and is sponsored and organized by the International Antiviral Society-USA (IAS-USA). This conference was coordinated through the RWHAP AIDS Education and Training Centers (AETC) clinician training network. A mix of lectures, case-based interactive presentations, and small-group workshop breakout sessions was held during the 4 days of the virtual RWHAP CLINICAL CONFERENCE.
The educational objectives for this activity are designed and developed based on the identified needs and knowledge gaps of the attendees.
On completion of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Describe the new aspects to the Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program
- Identify situations in which the choice of antiretroviral regimen should consider particular clinical circumstances, such as comorbid conditions, coinfections, pregnancy, and issues in older patients
- Describe the most current data on currently available and investigational new antiretroviral drugs, formulations, and strategies
- Initiate and monitor HIV prevention intervention strategies, including the use of preexposure prophylaxis (PrEP), in individuals at risk for HIV infection
- Describe the current epidemiology, clinical presentations, and management of the most common sexually transmitted infections (STIs) in adults with HIV infection and in special populations such as adolescents
- Detect, manage, and prevent common comorbidities occurring in the aging population of persons with HIV infection, including how to manage and prevent polypharmacy
- Describe the current understanding of COVID-19 in people with HIV
- Identify ways to prevent HIV-related comorbidities in adolescents
- Detect and address depression in patients with HIV, as well as practitioner and staff burnout
- Describe the current best practices of perinatal HIV care and prevention
- Describe barriers and strategies for engaging out-of-care patients with HIV
- Describe the risk factors and screening recommendations for non-AIDS cancers in people with HIV
- Describe challenges and opportunities for utilizing telemedicine for the prevention and treatment of HIV
Continuing Medical Education Credits
Please note: if you already have participated in the live activity (virtual RWHAP CLINICAL CONFERENCE) and have received CME credits, you will not receive additional credits from the sections you have already claimed from this activity.
CME Statement and Credits
The International Antiviral Society–USA (IAS–USA) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The IAS–USA designates this enduring activity for a maximum of 9.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
ABIM MOC Points
Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 9.5 MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine’s (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is the CME activity provider’s responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.
This activity, which is part of the RWHAP CLINICAL CONFERENCE, is funded by Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the US Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) under grant number U1OHA28686 (AIDS Education and Training Center National Coordinating Resource Center) awarded François-Xavier Bagnoud Center from the Rutgers University School of Nursing with a sub award to International Antiviral Society–USA (IAS–USA) to sponsor this CME activity.
How to Claim Credit
- Start the Activity by clicking "START COURSE" located above. Please note that the "START COURSE" will no longer be visible once you clicked it once.
- Watch the webcasts here.
- Return to this page and follow this link to the posttest assessment and evaluation form. Please note: once you complete the claiming process, you will not be able to go back and claim credits for additional sessions.
- Once you complete the evaluation, you will be directed to the online claim form, where you will record the number of hours that you participated in this activity. You must be logged in to your IAS–USA profile to claim credit.
Please note: if you already have participated on the live webinar and have received CME credits, you will not receive additional credits from this activity.
To claim CME credits: On the "online CME claim form", where, once logged in, you will: a) answer "YES" to the question, "Are you a licensed physicians?" b) enter the CME hours you wish to claim, and c) click Submit.
To claim ABIM MOC points: Be sure to indicate that you are claiming ABIM MOC points. ABIM will post your points to your ABIM account within 30 days after the deadline to claim credits. You are required to take the posttest and must have a passing score of 70%.
On the "online CME claim form", where, once logged in, you will: a) answer "YES" to the question, "Are you a licensed physicians?" b) enter the CME hours you wish to claim, and c) click Submit.
To Claim AAFP Credits:If you are claiming CME in addition to AAFP credits, follow the CME claiming steps above in addition to the final step below. If you are only claiming AAFP credits, on the "online CME claim form", where, once logged in, you will: a) answer "NO" to the question, "Are you a licensed physicians?" and b) click Submit to receive your certificate of participation.
Login to your AAFP account. Search for course title, “On-Demand virtual 2021 Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program (RWHAP) CLINICAL CONFERENCE" and claim your credits.
To claim a certificate of participation: On the "online CME claim form", where, once logged in, you will: a) answer "NO" to the question, "Are you a licensed physicians?" and b) click Submit to receive your certificate of participation.
- Your certificate will be available for you to print from your IAS–USA account immediately after you have submitted your claim form. To view your certificates, go to "My Activities" under your profile.