August 9-12, 2020
Who Should Attend
Attendance is limited to 600 HIV physicians, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants in Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program (RWHAP)-funded clinics and programs. Now that the CLINICAL CONFERENCE will be virtual, more spots have opened up for RNs and PharmDs who are the primary clinical decision makers in their RWHAP-funded clinics or programs.
Attendance to this virtual 2020 CLINICAL CONFERENCE is limited, and all attendees must be approved.
** If you do not receive an application status notification within 2 business days of submitting your application, please check your spam folder. Otherwise, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2020 CLINICAL CONFERENCE Description
The 2020 CLINICAL CONFERENCE will provide state-of-the-art updates on research, care, and treatment issues in the medical management of HIV infection for experienced HIV clinical decision makers.
The 2020 CLINICAL CONFERENCE is planned with and supported by the HIV/AIDS Bureau, Health Resources and Services Administration of the US Department of Health and Human Services (HRSA) and is sponsored and organized by the International Antiviral Society-USA (IAS-USA). This conference is coordinated through the RWHAP AIDS Education and Training Centers (AETC) clinician training network. A mix of lectures, case-based interactive presentations, and small-group workshop breakout sessions will be held during the three days of the 2020 CLINICAL CONFERENCE. It will conclude immediately before the opening general session of the National Conference.
The educational objectives for the 2020 CLINICAL CONFERENCE are designed and developed based on the identified needs and knowledge gaps of the attendees.
On completion of the 2020 CLINICAL CONFERENCE, participants will be able to:
- Describe the new aspects to the Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program
- Identify situations in which the choice of antiretroviral regimen should consider particular clinical circumstances, such as comorbid conditions, coinfections, pregnancy, and issues in older patients
- Describe the most current data on currently available and investigational new antiretroviral drugs, formulations, and strategies
- Describe the current approaches for achieving a cure for HIV Initiate and monitor HIV prevention intervention strategies, including the use of preexposure prophylaxis (PrEP), in individuals at risk for HIV infection
- Describe the current epidemiology, clinical presentations, and management of the most common sexually transmitted infections (STIs) in adults with HIV infection and in special populations such as adolescents
- Detect, manage, and prevent common comorbidities occurring in the aging population of persons with HIV infection including liver disease and cardiovascular disease
- Identify and manage clinical issues in the primary care of persons with HIV infection
- Identify individuals with chronic opioid dependency and develop treatment strategies for the management of these patients with opioid substitution therapy
- Identify best practices for ending the HIV epidemic
- Describe the current understanding of COVID-19 in people with HIV
Continuing Education Credits
The International Antiviral Society–USA (IAS–USA) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The IAS–USA designates this live activity for a maximum of 14 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
ABIM MOC Points
Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 14 MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine’s (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is the CME activity provider’s responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.
American Academy of Family Physicians Credits
This Live activity, The 2020 Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program CLINICAL CONFERENCE, with a beginning date of 08/09/2020, has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 12.75 Prescribed credit(s) by the American Academy of Family Physicians. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Educational Review Systems is an approved approver of continuing nursing education by the Alabama State Nursing Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. Provider # 5-115. This program is approved for 14 hours of continuing nursing education.
Educational Review Systems is also approved for nursing continuing education by the state of California, the state of Florida and the District of Columbia.
This program is approved for 14 hours of pharmacotherapy credit.
Educational Review Systems is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. Participants of the session who complete the evaluation and provide accurate NABP e-Profile information will have their credit for up to 14 contact hours (1.4 CEU) submitted to CPE Monitor as early as 14 days after the event and no later than 60 days after the event. Please know that if accurate e-Profile information is not provided within 60 days of the event, credit cannot be claimed after that time. The participant is accountable for verifying the accurate posting of CE credit to their CPE Monitor account within 60 days.
UAN # 0761-9999-20-174-L02-P to 0761-9999-20-177-L02-P
This conference is funded by Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the US Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) under grant number U1OHA28686 (AIDS Education and Training Center National Coordinating Resource Center) awarded François-Xavier Bagnoud Center from the Rutgers University School of Nursing with a sub award to International Antiviral Society–USA (IAS–USA) to sponsor this CME activity. There is no registration fee to attend.